Thursday 22 November 2012

Envious of Anna April.


I often spend my time searching random but what I'd class as interesting topics on YouTube and today was one of them days, where I was searching Dreadlocks!
I came across this YouTube video by a girl called Anna April, and honest to god she has some of the most beautiful dreads ever.
I have naturally curly hair and it is a lot curlier than anyone elses who I know. I wouldn't say that it was thick curls though, I would just say that I have a lot of them. Whereas Anna April is from Denmark so she has very Scandinavian hair.. the total opposite to mine, sadly!
My hair can sometimes be very hard to maintain and I'm often having to try new things with it. It can be very difficult to control in the winter and I always feel as though I constantly have to have my hood up when I'm outside, whether it is raining or not. Also, I have to sort of plan when I am next going to wash my hair, so that I know that I have enough time to get it into some sort of order before going anywhere. So the thought of having dreads excites me as you need not do much to them. I know that they aren't best left to do their own thing; they do need a little bit of help, but probably not half as much as my hair needs now!
The only problem is that I worry that if I got them, they wouldn't suit me or go properly and I'd be left with very damaged hair. Because something else that I find that comes with curly hair, is brittleness and dryness. I'm constantly having to keep my hair soft by applying olive oil leave in conditioners and serums sometimes. I cannot dry my hair on the hair dryer and straighteners are used once every blue moon. So I would be worried that if I didn't like my dreads, unpicking them would leave my hair in a lot worse condition than it previously was.
I guess I'll just keep dreaming, until I come to the final decision of whether to ever get them or not..



Click the links below for her pages.
These pictures are from her Facebook.
Her Blogspot Account
Her Facebook Account
Her YouTube Account


No comments:

Post a Comment